Thursday, July 19, 2012

DIY: Painted Tip Makeup Brushes

I found this a long time ago and did it to all my brushes. Well since then I have collected a few more so today I decided to paint the tips of them. I like doing this because it tells my brushes apart from other peoples and it is cute.

You will need:
•tape •nail polish •a makeup brush • a folded piece of paper to lay your parishes on or a folded wash cloth.

Take your makeup brush and put a piece of tape about half an inch down the brush. TIP: if you fold one of the ends of tape where it wont stick it will make removing it easier.

Now start painting your brush I go in an upward motion and do the very top part last.

Put your brush on the paper so the end is not touching anything. Let dry. Now look and see if your brush needs a second coat. My black brushes need 2 coats as my white didn't. If they don't need another coat peel the tape off. Remember that some of the paint may come up! The lines also will not be perfect. If they need another coat paint and let dry then peel the tape off. TaDa now you're finished and have amazing beautiful brushes. Hope you enjoyed my DIY post.
Love Kurstin

No comments:

Post a Comment