Thursday, August 9, 2012

DIY: Glitter Phone/tablet case or brush holder

I for some reason the other night decided to randomly rearrange my makeup storage. As I keep getting more storage my little box is getting crowded. With this being said I am going to do a makeup storage post for tomorrow. Also, I decorated my brush holder which is what is actually the DIY. I made my plain black IPad case into a glittery pink case with a K and I made my clear brush holder into a blue glittery brush holder.

You will need :
•Mod Podge. Some say Elmer's glue miked with water is the exact same although I never tried it.
•Jar/phone case. I used a old candle jar for my bobby pin holder and a jar from the dollar tree for my brushes. My iPad case I got when I fist got my iPad from game stop for $5.
• Glitter. Mine is from Walmart and it came with all different colors for $7 however I would just look for $1 glitter from the dollar store.
• Paint Brush.
• Clear adhesive.
Optional: If using your initial you will need a letter. I printed one and cut it out and taped it with double sided tape.

If doing initial tape it down where you would like it now before you use mod Podge.
1) Dip your paint brush in the Mod Podge and 'paint' it all over your case or jar.
2) Sprinkle glitter all over it.
3) Tap the case or jar and get all the extra glitter off.
4) Let Dry.
5) Carefully pull up letter and there will be your outline. Now put mod Podge where there is no glitter for you letter. Use a small brush. Then sprinkle what other color of glitter you have.
6) Let everything dry and then spray with adhesive.

No comments:

Post a Comment